WRITER CONTENT GUIDELINES AND ARTICLE REQUESTS
Language and use guidelines for submitted articles
- Auto-related topic
- Standard US spelling and usage (AP stylebook)
- Inverted pyramid format
- Subtitles to break up the text
- No repetition of ideas and sentences
- Make it interesting, engaging
- Provide recommendations for headlines.
- All final headlines are must be approved by content team.
- Standard size for headline size, font (see website).
- AP Stylebook guidelines required
- Use uniform tense (past tense preferred) throughout the article
Keyword placement and research
- Short and Simple Sentences
- It is best if the keyword is inserted in the first 100 words of the article, preferably once in the introduction.
- The keyword should not be stuffed into the content. It should fit in with the content flow and must sound grammatically right.
- The keyword density should be 1.7% to 3% and also use keyword variations
- Plagiarized content is strictly prohibited.
- Sentences, where the keyword is inserted, should show the client in a positive light, without contradicting their interests/ services
- Use bulleted points whenever possible
- Limit paragraphs to about 70 words
- The content and keyword should be related.
- One “dofollow backlink” per post allowed for basic submission. Upgraded submissions may include one additional backlink.
- Word count should be a minimum of 1500 words.
- Posts remain active for one year term and may be renewed.